MY VISITORS Via RevolverMaps!

FLAG COUNTER

Flag Counter

WHOSAMONGUS WIDGET

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I LOST A RING MY MOTHER GAVE ME..revisited her jewelery collection and found something pricless!



not many ppl knew my mother the way i did, who she presented herself to be to others wasnt the same woman i had to live with most of my life.

she supplied my needs, roof over my head, food in my belly, clothes on my back.
wed do stuff together, but she wasnt much of a support, i didnt get much love from her after i hit about 13 years old, or so.

i have memories of hugging, and cuddling, and laughing with her, until about that time, and something happened, and she shifted her emotions to somewhere else. i wish i knew where, because im still a lost little girl inside, who is so confused about why my mother  fell out of love with me.

very few times i was given things from her unsolicted, i knew every gift i was getting, except 2.
one was a shirt i really liked, and my best friend stole from me (thanks sandy! love you too!), and a garnet, marcasite marquis ring set in sterling silver.

she let me pic from about 4 different rings, all with a garnet stone.
i asked her why she was doing it, and she told me because my birthstone (garnet) would be a good thing to have with me at all times.

so i chose the smallest of the bunch, a dainty little ring of a maruis setting, with marcasite gems all around the garnet stone. wasnt too big, and it fit my finger nicely.

it was the only ring i wore for years.

i wore that thing so much, i wore the underside of the band completely down to absolutely nothing! and had to, on several occasions  sauder it back together, to which, yet again, id run that completely down as well.

one time, happened to be in a car we have, so i removed it, and put it in the glove box, always trying to remember to take the time to get it out, but eventually, i forgot alltogether. life happens.

well, that car has been out of comission for about a year now, i guess...maybe longer, i cant remember. it just died one day with craig and daniel in it at the grand opening (actually the 1st day they were open) of a large 7-11 down the road.
i had to go get them in the van we have at the time.
so, this car , now sits in our driveway.

on a few occassions before this happened, craig would get in the car, and could tell that someone had been in it, glove box would be open, stuff was out of order, things were missing.

and all the while i wondered about that ring. nothing much i could do if it was taken, and the ppl who took it wouldnt get very much, cause its not a precious gem. and the band was busted.

well, this past weekend, craig went through that car, to clean everything out, because hes going to try to sell it for some cash...and i reminded him to look for that ring...
he looked, and...it was gone.

i lost the ring. its my fault for not getting it out sooner.
its also the fault of the thief. who didnt have ANY business in our car to begin with, to have taken my moms ring.

ill have to go looking through her collection i still have..

so i revisted her  jewlery collection, its been 12 years since i peeked at those items.
i didnt want to have to look at them then, and im sure when i did all i did was cry, because even tho she was cold towards me, i still loved her...
so when she passed 12 years ago, and i had to go through her things...it was very painful. ive only recently, maybe in the past few years actually been able to seak about her, or write about her, and not weep.

has the pain gone away? no, its level is still just as hard as it was at day one, im just  very familiar with it now..

anyway, i jud went and looked at her jewlery, and discovered things i dint recall ever being in there.
i kept the things i felt meant something to me.

none of it has any real value, its all costume, and junk...but personal to me.

selection of rings i chose to keep.

maracite and GARNET, and a blue stone, and i believe thats a green one, its super small so uits really difficult for me to tell.

i like the clearness of these next fe, remind me of diamonds, and hey arnt.



i believe this one was one of the ones i chose NOT to keep, because it has a gold band, and id rather wear silver.


i chose THIS ine as the replacement ring. its about the same length, slightly taller gems allot ssmaller, but it has the same feel to me,.

picked these because they are great with gaphic balck and white dress/outfit!


and my PERSONAL FAVORITE OF MY NEW COLLECTION! 



 a ring that has my mothers initials on it: GJM (Gay Joanne Manning). this is my favorite right now.
next to my grandmothers wedding band (the thin silver looking one) my wedding set.

chose to keep all of these pins as well. because im much more a pin person than a ring, or necklace person.


so, for the loss, i actually gained a very dear piece of jewelry.  i have a ring bearing my mothers initials on it. and THAT means so much more to me than a ring she gave me with my birthstone on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment