MY VISITORS Via RevolverMaps!

FLAG COUNTER

Flag Counter

WHOSAMONGUS WIDGET

Sunday, March 2, 2014

I ALMOST BROUGHT HOME THE CUTEST BABY DUCK


he looked allot like this one, with the coloring on the beak and everything but much younger than this one.

yesterday, as we were out in the AM...
craig asked me if i wanted to go to a lumber place the flea market suggested we go to too see if they had any chicken wire.

when we were there, i said, maybe they will have some baby chicks i can look at! and i looked up at the sign and they were announcing that the baby chicks were, in deed there.

i, myself have never seen a baby chick in person up close.
and i wanted to, why? i dint know, maybe to feel close to my mom.
my mom would mention she grew up on a farm, and at one time had her own baby chick she got to raise, that she told me grew up to be a very mean rooster!
so, i guess, wanting to see them, was a way for me to remember her little story, and maybe feel close to her.

so we go in, i know right away where the baby birds are kept, and we go look, and craig walks around to another side im not at...and ays to me:

"heres what you want to look at!"

"what is it? a baby chick? i see lots of them right here."

"no, its baby ducks!"

well i went over there as soon as he said that, cause baby ducks are cute too, no stories that i know of to associate with any of them. so i was simply looking, and there was one..multi colored, 2-tone duck, black and yellow, and he was a tiny little thing, huddled in the middle of the rest getting warm under the light.

he was so cutr! wish i had my camera! cause id have taken pics of him and me if i did.

i wanted to hold him, and the gorl changing out the bedding, told me i could, so craig opened the cage up, and picked him out and handed him to me.

he was so soft, and warm...and he cheeped.

"cheep, cheep, cheep"

and he tried to bite me, lol didnt do anything to me, kinda surprised me, but it didnt hurt, felt like a little nibble.

"cheep, cheep cheep"

he was 5.50 to buy, and i could have brought him home.

but i have cats, and i knewe if they knew i had him, they might want to try to kill him, cause hes a bird, and then the question arose with how would i end to him?
hed need some kind of cage...and id have to feed him, what do i do when hes grown?

so, regretfully, i put the baby duck back.

and i felt, ok about it.
maybe someone with better housing and set up will adopt "feisty" (i named him that cause he was trying to bite me, lol)

i sure hope no one buys him to fatten him up and then eat him. cause he was wayyyy to handsome for that!
would have loved to have had him fly south for the winters and then come back spring and summer to our back yard...that would have bee an event wed enjoy yearly i think.
but hell have to be someone elses pet, for now.

om proud of myself, for letting go, it was hard, i wanted him, i have the biggest heart when it comes to animals, and i kept telling myself i could raise him, but i knew i wouldnt be able to, but i did good in letting him stay...wasnt easy, but was the right thing to do. (i hope, ill say it was and believe it, anyway, lol)

 ps-if i go back anytime soon, and hes still there ill take a few pics. i promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment